Making a complaint

Should you wish to make a complaint

Whilst we hope you will be happy with our products and services, if you feel something has gone wrong we welcome the opportunity to put things right.

If you have any concerns about the financial advice you have received, you should direct these to the Financial Adviser who provided the advice.

For anything else you can raise your concerns with our staff, by telephone, e-mail or letter as follows:

Telephone; 0800 032 2118
Write to: Retirement Bridge, Suite 4, First Floor, The Honeycomb, The Watermark, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9SZ.

How we will respond
Our staff will listen to your concerns and do all they can to put the matter right. Our first step will be to understand what your concerns are, investigate and make a response within 3 working days.

If we are unable to resolve your concerns within 3 working days, for example, where the matters raised may be more complex, the complaint will be referred to our Compliance department for their investigation. They will send you a letter within 5 working days in acknowledgement giving you details of the person handling the investigation and what will happen next.

They will aim to investigate and respond to your complaint within 4 weeks of receiving it and send you a ‘final response’ letter setting out their findings and conclusions along with any actions that are to be taken. If they have been unable to do this within that timescale, they will write to you explaining what is happening and when they expect to be able to provide a final response. Within 8 weeks they will send you either a final response, or inform you why they have been unable to do so.   

If you are still not satisfied
If you remain dissatisfied either after receiving a response within the 3 day deadline, or after receiving a final response from our Compliance department, you have the option to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service but only where the matter relates to a plan entered into on or after 6th April 2007. This is when home reversions became regulated by the UK watchdog, the Financial Conduct Authority. Where we believe you are eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service we will inform you. This body was set up to provide a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial services firms. Their contact details are:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Telephone: 0800 023 4567